National survey to review new Red Seal Occupational Standard for Construction Electrician
The Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) is testing new features for its Red Seal occupational standards. This is an evolution of the Red Seal National Occupational Analysis (NOA) to better meet the needs of industry.
We invite you to take part in a National survey to review the new Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS) for the Construction Electrician trade. The survey is open to all Construction Electricians, Construction Electrician Training Providers and Construction Electrician Employer Sponsors until September 15, 2014.
Please click the link below to begin the survey:
A presentation has been developed to further explain the new occupational standard, the process used to develop it, and the purpose of the online survey. Click here to view it:
About the New Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS)
The Construction Electrician RSOS is a complete description of the activities of the trade and what is required to perform them to the standard expected by Canadian industry. This new standard will be used to:
1. Develop the Interprovincial Red Seal Examination
2. Develop learning tools for apprenticeship, both for on-the-job learning and in-school technical training
3. Build alternate assessment tools for workers seeking certification in the trade
4. Provide a complete picture of the trade and its requirements
About the Survey
There are three sections to the survey:
1. Background information on the development and organization of the new standard, description of the elements in the standard and how they differ from the current Red Seal NOA, and instructions on how to complete the survey.
2. A few questions about your role in the trade, your province/territory, and your experience.
3. Survey questions, for which you read each of the 27 tasks of the trade and their subtasks, and then provide ratings and comments.
Most people take about an hour to complete the survey. As long as you use the same computer (same IP address), you can leave and come back to the survey to complete it.
On behalf of the CCDA, Industry Training Authority (ITA), Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), and the National Industry Advisory Committee, we wish to thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Your contribution is vital to a strong Red Seal!
Program Development Officer
800 – 8100 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC